Kepler Research is a progressive company that places high value on creating a team of professionals dedicated to the success of our clients. We apply diverse analytic capabilities to help DoD and federal agencies manage and solve problems associated with complex acquisition programs, particularly those associated with information technology. Superior performance consistently differentiates us from our competitors. We are seeking unique individuals that are entrepreneurial and have highly developed analytics skills that can be applied to help us increase our reputation and grow the company.
This is a software developer position, focusing on web development using various technologies. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing deliverables based on design architectures and specifications provided by clients. The position involves developing and maintaining web applications. This position includes development of presentation (GUI), application (functionality), and database layers, as well as maintaining software applications, documenting software applications, testing applications, and fixing defects and providing status updates to project leaders. This position also requires the candidate to lead other web developers and/or contracted web development, including coordination, documentation, and specification.
The candidate will take on software development tasks from start to completion. Research and select best technology for use in the client environment. Design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications, including researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. Analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate manner and provide status reports. Interface with stakeholders and end users to clarify requirements and complete software designs.
- Must be a US citizen with SECRET clearance or ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
- Work location: Cheyenne, WY area (other possible locations to be considered)
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering (MS a plus), or related field and 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle databases
- Experience with developing web applications, including experience with JBOSS, Ruby on Rails, .NET, or Django
- Experience with developing software test plans using software source code review and developer input
- Ability to be a self-starter and manage software projects
- Creative problem solver in a fast-paced evolving SW development environment
- Ability to think strategically
- Experience with software installation and maintenance, specifically conducting Verification & Validation (V&V) and Certification & Accreditation (C&A) processes
- Experience in interfacing with clients, and producing requirements and design documents
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills